Saturday, January 26, 2019

500 Words

My 500 Words Widget
Universe:  How's that writing going, Ruth?

Me:  Well you know I've been traveling and I was sick and my back hurts.  

Universe: 

Me:  And I write all day at work.  Boring legal stuff, so it's not like I'm NOT writing, I'm just not writing the CREATIVE STUFF, but you totally get it, right? 

Universe: 

Maui Therapist:  Didn't you start a blog? What happened to that?

Me:  Well, I've had a few blogs... but yeah I think you're right. 

Maui Therapist:  You should get back to that.  

Me:  [Searching the Internet for my own blog]

Universe: I'm going to shut down the entire government so you don't get a paycheck and have to give some serious thought to finding a new vocation. 

Me:  You don't scare me.  Everything always works out for me.  I'm lucky AF.  

Universe:  Challenge accepted.  [Shuts down government for 35 days]

Internet: my500words.com

Me:  First I have to go delete all the false-starts I've had.

Universe:

Me:  [Resetting Wordpress passwords, realizing I didn't like Wordpress because I found it too complicated, deciding to go back to Blogger, discovering that I ALREADY WENT THROUGH THIS PROCESS TWO YEARS AGO and Warm Nuts Over Mississippi is already on Blogger, get distracted by blog-housekeeping tasks]

Cat:  [Jumps on table and sticks paw in my water]

[End]


No comments:

Post a Comment